When I think about life in cities these days my eyes get misty and my chest becomes tight. I hate it here. Its stuffy, constricting and full of hateful people. Humans weren’t meant to live piled on top of each other. I don’t want to be apart of it anymore.
The Rwandan Genocide of 1994 was a truly traumatic and horrifying event. It was one of the most brutal acts of murder ever committed.
- Over the course of 100 days from April 6 to July 16 1994, an estimated 800,000 to 1 million Tutsis and some moderate Hutus were slaughtered in the Rwandan genocide. A recent report has estimated the number to be close to 2 million.
- During this period of terrible slaughter, more than 6 men, women and children were murdered every minute of every hour of every day. This brutally efficient killing was maintained for more than 3 months.
- There are between 300,000 to 400,000 survivors of the genocide
- Between 250,000 and 500,000 women were raped during the 100 days of genocide. Up to 20,000 children were born to women as a result of rape.
- More than 67% of women who were raped in 1994 during the genocide were infected with HIV and AIDS. In many cases, this resulted from a systematic and planned use of rape by HIV+ men as a weapon of genocide.
- There are 10 times as many widows than widowers – almost 50,000 widows of the genocide.
- Nearly 100,000 survivors are aged between 14 and 21, of which 60,000 are categorised as very vulnerable.
- 75,000 of survivors were orphaned as a result of the genocide.
- Of those that survived the genocide over half the children stopped their schooling, because of poverty.
- 40,000 survivors are still without shelter, many whose homes were destroyed in the genocide.
- 7 in 10 survivors earn a monthly income of less than 5000 Rwandan Francs (Equivalent to 8 (eight) American Dollars)
The UN said it couldn’t declare it a genocide while it was happening because, apparently, something can only be declared a genocide after its happened. Just another example of the UN being useless cunts.
Our location is TOP SECRET…don’t you get it Robin!
I always thought Robin was kind of dick. Heh, get it? Dick? Eh? EH?!
I always see people using those ‘God Bless America’ eagle graphics ironically so I thought:
oh man, what if Canadians were equally as loud and overzealous with that sort of blind patriotism
what would our obnoxious graphic representation look like
I love it! Look at that majestic beaver! I think it gives the eagle a run for its money.
- “Your creeping me the math out!”
- “No one sucks the life out of my penguins except me! And maybe polar bears, because thats just nature, Gunter”
- “I wanna snuggle you through time and space!!”
Number four <3
Hey. hey, hey, hey. Where’s “Algebraic!”?
Signed / numbered 18” x 24” prints on sale at Nakatomi, Inc for $30!
After six months of civil war, the fall of Tripoli came quickly, with a carefully orchestrated uprising launched on Saturday night to coincide with the advance of rebel troops. While scatted battles continued Monday, it is believed that opposition forces control 95% of the Libyan capital.
Yeah! Go Libyan Rebels!
I know its kind of lame and totally corny, but I drew this for “album art” for a mix CD I decided to make for my lovely girlfriend.
Six evil crushing Marvel heroes now come as delicious snacks for you to bake in the oven! If you happen to be artistic with icing and sprinkles, they won’t turn out looking like The Toxic Avenger (Mine would). This custom Marvel™ Cakelet Pan is exclusively on sale at Williams-Sonoma for $36.
Oh my god…DO WANT.